Sunday, August 26, 2018

Saturday

Storm seems over, we had lots of rain and wind last night and rain this morning but I think we are over the worst.  I know lots of prayers were said and I am grateful to everyone for kind texts and emails, it's nice to know people were  thinking of us.  You really find out who cares in situations like this.  Both Presidents of our branches called, the missionaries and others around here were really concerned with flooding since we live at the bottom of the mountain.  We are very fortunate to live in the situation we do where the owners are so on top of all that could happen and have prepared for the worst.

We prepared some lessons today, and did a lot of studying.  I tried out a new recipe for Almond Cookies.  I got this recipe out of the paper from someone renown for her cookies.  They turned out fine,  I guess,  but they are pretty bland.  Elder Sanft has a bad cold so we ran into Hale'iwa to Longs to get cold medicine and while there I talked him into Mexican food.  It tasted so good after the long drought without any!
We came back and worked on some more key chains for the Sisters and did a few more things to get ready for the week ahead.  Still raining lots but people are out and about.  Actually feels pretty good because it is cooler now than it has been.  

No comments:

Post a Comment