Thursday, September 27, 2018

Wednesday


We started the day headed to Wahiawa to get blood drawn for me, was a small little place that took me in immediately.  The nurse was so kind and although not my Megan from Dr. Call's office (some times I never even feel the needle with Megan) it was okay.  Then as we got in the car, we talked about flu shots, passed a Walgreens and pulled over and got a flu shot.  Same thing, really nice people.

Since we were so far from home we went to Costco looking for tangerines for my Halloween Birthday treat next Tuesday for the Sister's at the Visitor's Center.  I want to draw pumpkin faces on them.  Costco was totally out, where I had gotten some for the Elders 5 days ago and they had tons then.  We drove over to Mililani and Walmart.  I picked up some Nutter Butter cookies to make ghosts for same event.  Then we stopped at Jack in the Box for lunch and home.

I made a PinaColada Cake for dinner tonight at the Geronio's house.  Can I just say how terribly  humid it has been for about 4 days.  There has been very little wind and every piece of clothing sticks to us like it's painted on.  There have also been these little tiny flies, like nats, that are all over inside and outside.  I bought two kinds of sprays but the best result is going back to killing them like we do fruit flies around canning season, apple cider vinegar with a drop of Dawn dish soap, we have three glasses around our studio and they are full of flies.


Another comment.  The moon has been full and I guess it's a harvest moon, but it has been breathtaking!  I went out this morning and it was still up and this picture does not capture the beauty but it will remind me of the mornings here.  The sunset the other day made the sky totally red, I saw pictures but unfortunately didn't know what was going on and didn't take any.
Look for the moon!
We went to the Geronio's for dinner at 5:30.  We had a large crowd there tonight.  The Nicols were back and brought a daughter and her family, the Elders brought two young men, the Gerionio's had a new couple there, Mike and Tracey.  One of the young men the Elder's brought was Kyle, he spoke in Stake Conference on Sunday.  I was so glad to meet him and tell him what a terrific job he did of telling his conversion story and bearing his testimony.  He said he has been asked to do a couple of firesides now, so others were impressed too.  The birds were out and we all had a great time with them.
This is Blue with Nick Geronio


This is Blue

This is Marley

Elder Chandler and friend
The birds just flew over to them


Almost everyone that was at dinner

Crazy birds!










No comments:

Post a Comment