Thursday, September 6, 2018

Thursday September 6, 2018



Well today ended up being another "P" day due to cancellations and other delays.  We won't take one next week 😊

So we went with the Tuitupo's into Hale'iwa and first had lunch at a good hamburger place, Kua Aina.  They had gone to school here and married here in the Laie temple but hadn't really been back for years.  So we kind of showed them around for the afternoon.  Paul and I had worked in Provo School District together but I barely knew him, just that he was in Special Ed. too and I'd see him at a conference or two.  I didn't know Carolyn but am so happy to have her for a friend now.  Here is a photo of Paul and Carolyn Tuitupo.
Cute senior couple!
Then we drove over the the Paalaa Kai Bakery to introduce them to Snow Puffies...


And then we drove up Farrington Highway to Ka'ena Point, it's the westernmost tip of land on Oahu.  There is the most incredible view of our majestic ocean from this point and very very few people around.  


There is an airport for people wanting to use glider planes, and a park for people wind kitesurfing.  Such a beautiful place to be today.  Lovely weather and good friends.

Paul, Carolyn, and Ramon


Amazing to watch!

Then back to Hale'iwa for Shave Ice...


 (In case you were thinking of the gluttony)... 
We saved the Snow Puffies 
for another day and 
we were stuffed after the Shave Ice!

Grateful today for the beauty of the earth.  God is certainly the greatest artist and has an incredible imagination!
I'm grateful for new friends, good food, and safe travels.
I'm grateful for children that return my calls to them even when it may be inconvenient!
I'm grateful I am learning to not be angry or disappointed, but grateful for all I have and have been given.  I'm so blessed with goodness around me daily.




1 comment:

  1. Hey sis sanft...Carrie just told me about your blog...it's wonderful. Thanks for sharing your mission with us

    ReplyDelete