Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Monday September 10, 2018

Today first thing we went into our Visitor Center Training meeting at 7:30.  Elder Allen is such an inspired and inspiring man.  He talked to us today about time, and using it wisely.  Chapter 8 in Preach My Gospel is so important for missionaries to learn to follow and live.  Elder Sanft and I came home and made ourselves some goals and hope to use chapter 8 in our personal lives.

I cut the Star fruit.  It was sort of citrusy and tart but I did like it.  Wish I had taken more now.
I spent most of the rest of the morning baking cookies and Ramon washed the car.  Then we took cookies and my new birthday book, Belonging to Heaven by Gale Sears, for Kloe Ann to borrow.  This is a great book about George Q. Cannon and his early years in Hawaii and translating the Book of Mormon into the Hawaiian language with native help.  I loved it and cried.  It was also about leprosy and Molokai.  After that we took two large plates of cookies to this family in the ward whose mother is very ill and they have lots of young children.  Then we went over to Kuhuku Elementary school to a market but all it had was dinners for sale for sale.  We bought a yummy plate of salmon  and some fry bread with honey butter for our dinner.

Then we went to FHE with the YSA kids.  We just love doing this.  Tonight we played a game of Thrones but not like the one on TV.  It's a fun game I hope to remember when we get back home.  I took pictures...
Marisa, Nicole, Nick, Elder Collins,
Olivia, and Kevin
Gabriel (standing), Jesse (red),  Elder Chandler next to Elder Sanft


Elder Chandler, Gabriel, Jesse and Alora


Alora directing us to think about how this game can be
applied to our Savior




Great kids...adults! Remind me of my grandkids.


No comments:

Post a Comment