Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Tuesday

 We got up and went to the Temple early so we could go to the BYUH devotional that Susan Tanner was speaking at.  While walking there I was looking for the statue of George Q. Cannon and Jonathan Napela holding the Book of Mormon.  Turns out it was right in front of the Student building where the devotional was held.





I loved the book I read..recommend it to all...
Belonging to Heaven, Gale Sears.






Turns out this was Elder Sanft first time to ever attend a devotional.  Wow!  So he was quite impressed.  Sister Susan Tanner is in our home stake.  I went up and talked to her before it started, as there was hardly anyone there yet.  Elder Sanft thought it was funny taking pictures of me, one on the Jumbo-tron  or whatever it's called.  The devotional was so special.  She talked on miracles and I agreed whole heartedly.  She said we were to Expect, Recogize, and Appreciate miracles....This is the ERA for them, and we are promised them if we live as we should.   It was nice to hear her and connect her to her daughter Bobbie who lives in our home ward.  Such a special lady.


I'm in yellow! They were testing the video
so the place was pretty empty when I
made my appearance!
Sister Tanner


After, we came home and cleaned a little to get ready for having the Elders share dinner with us.  I made "chulupa" but I don't think they liked it as well as my family does.  I have tons left over!


Elders Cowden and Elder Collins





Elder Collins

As Elder Collins entered our tiny place he went over to the fridge to see the pictures.  There was Lizzie's wedding announcement we had received in the mail today.  He said I know her, she used to teach me Spanish!  I got a text from Sue during dinner and texted her back telling her about Elder Collins.  What a small world we live in.  He's the one that reminds me of my Adam.


Things I'm grateful for today.  Grandchildren that call their old grandparents on their mission, if they only knew how that makes us feel.  We miss them so much but time is flying by and already 2 months are almost over.  We'll be home before anyone can miss us too much.  But thanks Maya, for the call yesterday and today.  I needed that and you must have known that!

I'm grateful for the faith I have in miracles.  I really have a lot of faith and now I just need patience.
I'm grateful for the weird fruits God has made, ate Dragon fruit today...not my favorite, but definitely unique.
I also am grateful for my family.  They are supportive and loving.  It means a lot to know that they know this is important to us.  Elder Sanft said if he had gone on a mission, (he wanted to but didn't) these two missions would equal the time he would have sacrificed for the Lord then, 2 1/2 years. One way to look at it.  I know he feels like he has to make up for what he didn't do in his youth.  He's a good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment