Thursday, September 6, 2018

Wednesday

We had to go into Honolulu today for a doctor's appointment I had.  It took us about 1 1/2 hours to get there.  The doctor was prompt and I got right in.  I liked him but he doesn't like what I'm on and tried to talk me out of it...long story.  Now I just have to wait for prior authorization.  He kept saying "but you are doing so well and you are over due your medicine".  I wanted to tell him I was being blessed or otherwise I'd be in trouble, but I didn't feel it was the right time nor place.

We left and immediately ran to get a Malasada at Leonards!  This was close by.  Don't tell Elder Sanft I posted this!
For those of you unfamiliar with Leonards, it's the best malasada (filled sugared donut) ever!  There is one red malasada truck and people follow it around the island for these treats!

We then headed back and stopped at Sam's Club, Costco, and Walmart on the way home.  I was looking for something and found it at Walmart.  Lucky me.  I just wish we had a JoAnns, or Michaels, or a decent craft store.   I need yarn and a few other necessities...I can order online but the mailing is it is usually so expensive.

We returned home and found that the Gerionio's had to cancel dinner due to an event at their place.  I visited a bit with my sweet new friend Kathy and then we were done for the day.

Grateful today for:
1.  A very patient husband
2.  A new friend who cares and checks up on me here
3.  The beautiful earth, especially in this place of great wonders!
4.  A grandson who makes me happy, now out of 14 which one is it?  All of them!  I'm so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment